ecopower® utilizes an electronic commutating (EC) motor installed in the head of the ventilator to enable motorized boost during periods of low wind speed or special ventilation needs.
The ecopower® ventilator has no motor or blades in the throat of the vent. This is extremely important as research has shown that any obstruction in the throat of a wind ventilator will greatly decrease vent performance under wind load.
The bearing system of the motor becomes the bearing system of the ventilator. This means that the vent can be free spinning under wind load or power activated as conditions require.
The motor can be activated by a switch (not included) or any digital measure, such as temperature, humidity, wind speed etc.
Benefits of ecopower®
ecopower® offers customers the following unique benefits:
- Optional powered ventilation without reducing the performance of wind exhaust levels (which occurs when motor and fan blades are installed in the throat).
- High levels of energy efficiency.
- Much lower operational noise levels compared with similar capacity axial fan products.
- Advanced German motor technology.
- CSR Edmonds’ vertical vane vent technology, which outperforms traditional spherical shape metal vents of the same throat diameter. Based on Flow Coefficient Tests performed under AS4740:2000 by CSR Edmonds.
- Lighter weight than comparable axial fans.