| The Tubercle Advantage
Tubercle Technology™ blades outperform all conventional airfoils. They accomplish this by:
• Offering stall angles as high as 22°.
• Always stalling gradually.
• Eliminating span-wise pumping; the primary cause of efficiency loss in all rotating systems.
• Eliminating tip stalling; the primary cause of blade noise and damaging vibration.
• Lowering noise by offering Tubercle Technology’s™ hyper-stability which also lowers vibrations which cause wear and tear on the blades and drive train.
| Benefits of Altra-Air HVLS Fans
• Quiet, efficient operation, no annoying high speed circulating or exhaust fans.
• Virtually maintenance free (recommended inspection every 20,000 hours)
• Inexpensive to operate. Costs approximately 6 cents per hour for one fan at 0.75 kW (1 HP).
• Greatly reduce the “recovery” time when overhead doors are open with a constant flow of air throughout the space.
• Provide a constant even temperature from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.
• Will minimize the need for expensive duct work in new construction for both heating and air conditioning systems.
• A comfortable workplace environment increases productivity and decreases absenteeism.
| Technical Specifications
• Fans range from 3.7 to 7.3 m (12 ft to 24 ft) in diameter.
• Capable of moving nearly 188,000 l/s (397,701 CFM).
• Operates on 0.75 to 1.5 kw (1 HP to 2 HP).
• Variable frequency drive provides soft start and full variable speed operation.
• Creates a non-disruptive airflow.
• The largest 7.3 m (24 ft) Altra-Air fan consumes less power than the average hairdryer.
Altra-Air fans come with a lifetime warranty on the blades and hub. The motor, gear reducer and VFD control panel come with a three year limited warranty.
Envira-North's blade toppers prevent a rotor from falling or a blade from coming off even in the unlikely event of a catastrophic failure of the hub or drive system. The collet-type friction drive bushing connecting the hub to the reducer shaft allows controlled slippage in the event of a seizure of the reducer mechanism, or a failure of the soft start feature in the control panel.
| Altra-Air FAQs
What kind of maintenance do the fans require?
Depending on the environment, the blades should be cleaned once or twice a year. It is recommended that, once a year mechanical connections be checked for proper tension. This also includes electrical connections in the fan controller and motor. It is recommended the oil level in the gear reducer should be checked once a year. In most cases the level should be within tolerances level but this is dependent on heat levels and time of operation.
Does the fan create negative or positive pressure in a structure?
The fan does not create negative or positive pressure as it only moves air.
Who will install Envira-North Systems Ltd. Altra-Air Fans?
In most cases the customer prefers to install their own fan; however Envira-North Systems Ltd. can provide installation or recommend an installer.
What is the warranty?
Lifetime warranty on the blades and hub, limited 3 year warranty on the gear reducer, motor and fan controller.
What is the cost to operate an Altra-Air Fan?
Pennies per hour.
Do you have any testimonials or references of customers who have purchased your products in the past?
Included in our promotional material is a list of references and testimonial letters from some of our customers.
Do any gas companies offer rebates for your product?
In Ontario, Canada, both Enbridge Gas and Union Gas offer rebate programs for our technology.